‘Tis the season for advocating for the fatherless and families in crisis. The end of the year brings out the volunteer in all of us! Advocating during the holidays is a great way to share the need of families in crisis and vulnerable children in our community.
Give of your time this season by shopping for a Kinship Family with the Family Support ministry! The money is provided, we just need YOU to shop. This year we are giving gifts for 135 children in Jefferson county. SIGN UP TO SHOP
Plan a donation drive for children entering the foster care system! Encourage your family or your entire Church to donate new or gently used items to the OCA Kids’ Care Closet! Most children enter the foster care system with nothing to call their own – as the Body of Christ, we can CHANGE that! PLAN A DONATION DRIVE
You may not be in a season to give of your time or talent, but by donating to the ministries of OCA you help keep the ministry running! Give hope this season by making either a reoccurring monthly gift or a one time gift to the ministries that help keep families together through Safe Families, give guidance to aging out foster youth through Life Coaching or providing pre and post Adoption support to families! GIVE HOPE
HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING IDEAS
Here are some ideas for incorporating OCA into your Christmas shopping: #GiveBackGifts
- Shop Online – OCA will receive a % of your online shopping when you install the iGive Button on your computer!
- Buy OCA ministry Tshirts
– $16 each with 3 colors to choose from – These are perfect for the hard-to-buy-for family members on your list!
- #GiveBackGifts – Donate to OCA on behalf of family and friends! Print out a certificate and present it as a part of your gift! Perfect for your boss or employees!
IN THE NEW YEAR!
- Recruit runners for TEAM OCA 2015 for the Kentucky Derby Festival mini/Marathon & miniFUN RUN for Kids!
- Reserve a month for your church to HOST the Shining Star Gallery – We just received all NEW profiles!
- Form an Orphan Care team and plan an event for 2015 to raise awareness around supporting families or Orphan Advocacy!
- Do you need Pre-Adoption Support? Schedule the next ADOPTION OPTION class in 2015