Simply put, James 1:27 describes pure and faultless religion as caring for orphans and widows. Acting on this Biblical commandment, OCA equips Christians and connects them with opportunities to care for fatherless children and family preservation. We desire to see every child have a home and know the love of a family with the body of Christ leading the efforts. Knowing that welcoming a child into your home is not for every family, OCA provides opportunities to engage in orphan care whether its adopting or advocating. Knowing that welcoming a child into your home is not for every family, OCA provides opportunities to engage in orphan care whether its adopting or advocating.
Orphan Care Alliance equips Christians and connects them to opportunities to care for the fatherless.
Orphan Care Alliance’s vision is for the Body of Christ to lead the efforts of caring for the fatherless in Kentucky and southern Indiana.
- Excellence – By doing what we say we will do, and doing it well, with God as our standard. Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and the Master you are serving is Christ. Colossians 3:23-24 (NLT)
- Persistence – Continuing steadfastly in all our efforts to make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families whom we serve, and never giving up. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:2-3 (NIV)
- Honesty – Because it leads to integrity. Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people Proverbs 11:3 (NLT)
- Flexibility – Because our plan issn’ the only plan if it advances our mission. Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it.” Luke 9:23-24 (NIV)
- Transparency -To keep us humble, approachable, and trustworthy. He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much. Luke 16:10 (NKJV)
- To keep children with the biological parents whenever possible.
- To assist families and children in our community with education, support, goods and prayer
- To walk alongside youth aging out of the state’s care and help with their transition into adulthood.
- Display the love of Christ while serving families and children and in all we do.
- Advocating in local churches and community to grow orphan ministries.
- Partnering with national organizations with events to promote orphan care.
- Educating Christians on the needs and opportunities to care for the fatherless.
- Growing programs to preserve families who are in hardship.
- Providing resources to families caring for children.
- Providing financial support to adoptive families.
- Working with business to provide job opportunities to those aging out of state care.