Our focus within OCA is Serving the Fatherless…One Need at a Time! One of the ways that we do this is by working with the State of Kentucky to support the young people in our community. The L&N Building, at the corner of 9th & Broadway in downtown Louisville, houses most of the state employees that work with young people and families involved with the foster care system.
Romans 13.1b says: For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.
1 Timothy 2.1-2 tells us that we should pray for those in authority…with that said and in conjunction with The National Day of Prayer, we would like to ask you to boldly approach the throne of grace on behalf of our state workers. Truly, they are the ones in the trenches with these families!
With their heavy work loads and limited resources, we need to lift them up in prayer. Here are a few ways that the workers themselves have ask us to pray for them:
- Wisdom for leadership as staff are ask to do more with less as the state funding dwindles.
- For the families they work with to be cooperative and put the welfare of the children first.
- That “The Church” would come along side the state workers they know to encourage and pray with/for them as God gives them the opportunity!
- Strength for the workers within the system as they see the worst of the worst on a regular basis.
- For the spirit of God to capture the hearts of the workers as well as the families they serve.
- For God to give rest to the weary and burdened folks that continue to do their work with little encouragement!