Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3,4
Meet needs in your own zip code.
As Christians, we hear the call to be a light in our city. We serve a God who works through his people. He empowers and equips his body for his good work. OCA invites you to step out and be a light to serve families in your neighborhood by meeting tangible needs. The goal of this project is to preserve families, to wrap around neighbors together with the intention of keeping families together.
Did You Know…
The current foster care system is set up to keep children safe from abuse and neglect. But in some cases, children are removed for a reason we, as the Body of Christ, could have prevented.
OCA partners with local state workers to help bridge these gaps and works with local churches to meet needs. Together we impact the community and show Christ’s unending love to unchurched families and meet them in their crisis with the goal of keeping their family together.
If not us than who?
From providing beds/cribs, fixing a leaking roof, or mowing a lawn – we can keep families united!
The OCA Gateway is an interactive way to meet needs that come from state workers. The online forms allow you to see needs and meet them.
- Parent in need of an extra crib or bed to meet home living standards
- Parent in need of yard work to meet neighborhood codes
- Parent in need of general housing repairs to meet home living standards
- Parent who has been investigated by a state worker whose children may be placed in State care
- Parent whose children are in foster care but has worked their plan, according to a state judge.
Register for OCA Gateway by clicking on your church below. Get your church listed by email us!