Did You Know…
In 2012 Orphan Care Alliance:
• provided 15 families with a total of $50,000 to help make their international adoptions possible.
• educated more than 270 people in all facets of serving the fatherless through our orphan care seminars.
• supplied over 8200 diapers and 1400 pieces of clothing to kids in foster care in Louisville, KY through our Kids Care Closet.
• had a presence in over 20 churches trumpeting the cause of the fatherless in our region.
• engaged more than 130 young people per month with the gospel through our outreach to Boys & Girls
If we were just counting the numbers, we could walk away fairly pleased with our 2012 output, but we don’t just count numbers; we can’t! Each of the numbers we report represents a family, a face, A NAME.
Recently, I was re-reading the story of Zacchaeus in Luke 19 when I noticed something. When Jesus came by the tree Zacchaeus had perched in, he looked up and verse 5 says Jesus “called him by name.” From what we can tell, Jesus had never met Zacchaeus face to face, yet He called him by name and wanted to spend time with him. THE MESSAGE we want to send to the more than 10,000 people we served in 2012 is that God knows their name and He desires to have a relationship with them!
In 2013, we would love to double, triple, even quadruple our numbers (Jeremiah 32.27), but we DO NOT want to lose sight of the fact that Jesus knows the name of every individual these numbers represent and we want to know them as well! The mission of OCA is to equip Christian families to care for the fatherless. We do this by engaging the local church and by providing for these children’s needs in the name of Jesus.
Could you help us know their names in 2013?
Would you prayerfully consider getting involved as a volunteer or a financial partner? We are praying for $70,000 in year-end gifts to help us end the year on budget. You can sign up to volunteer or give online by CLICKING HERE. If you prefer, you may send a check payable to OCA to 115 North Watterson Trail Suite 201 / Louisville, KY 40243.
As a ministry, and as God’s children, we want to be people of prayer. If you would like to join us in proclaiming God’s message of hope, please call or visit us on our website. Our prayer is that you seek the Lord and ask Him how you should be involved…and do that! Thanks in advance, God, for speaking to the hearts of your people!
In His Grip,
Jeff Stumph <><
Director of Development